The State Bank of Bement Trust Department is managed by our Trust Officer, President and CEO Kenneth Wright with the help of Kira Pirtle, Assistant Trust Officer and Rachael Gallivan, Trust Assistant.
Our department handles a wide variety of Trust Services, with a vast array of assets within those accounts:
- Agency Agreements, where the bank is authorized to act as agent for the owner of certain property
- Testamentary Trusts, those set up in the Last Will and Testament of a decedent
- Intervivos Trusts, those set up by an agreement between the Grantor (person setting up the Trust) and the Trustee. These are done during the grantor’s lifetime, and may be revocable or irrevocable, and can be completely funded, either at creation or at a later date.
- Guardianships, in this case, the bank is court-appointed to serve as ‘manager’ of assets of someone adjudged by the court incapable of managing their own affairs.
- Executor or Administrator, in this situation, our job is to close the estate of a decedent in an orderly fashion, as quickly as possible.
- Custodial Accounts – holding property as Custodian (for safety or escrow), but no ownership in such property, as would be with a Trust
- Estate Planning, help and advice
- Land Trusts
- Farm Management Services
It is our pleasure to provide you with the utmost professional, confidential and knowledgeable Trust Services, with the one-on-one attention that a small community bank can provide. If you are interested in information about a particular type of Trust service we have available, or simply want some general information, feel free to contact Ken, Kira, or Rachael in our Trust Department. We take a sincere appreciation that the word ‘Trust’ is more than just the name of our department. We work each day to retain that ‘trust’ that our grantors, decedents and beneficiaries have placed in us.