Today there's only one card you need to make purchases worldwide, the State Bank of Bement's VISA QuikChek ™ card. Anywhere you see the VISA symbols, you can use your VISA QuikChek™ card instead of cash, checks or credit cards.
Why Use The VISA QuikChek™ Card?
It is a quick and easy way to pay for purchases or services and have them deducted directly from your checking account. It is accepted like a credit card anywhere VISA is accepted. Plus, you get a receipt for your records.
What Are My Added Conveniences?
- Quicker than writing a check.
- Worldwide acceptance. The VISA QuikChek™™ card is accepted at places where your personal checks are not.
- No interest payments. Use your VISA QuikChek™ card at your favorite restaurant or gas station and pay in full as you go.
- Shop by phone. With your VISA QuikChek™ card, you can simply call in your order and give them your card number.
- Peace of mind. In an emergency, you're covered.
- Safety. Additional cash is as close as the nearest ATM machine.
- Detailed transactions on your monthly account statement. Keep your purchase receipts and compare for easy record keeping.
- View your VISA QuikChek card transactions using eTouch24.
- Zero liability. If your card is lost or stolen, and charges are made on your account without your knowing, you are covered by the "Zero Liability Policy." The bank may be able to give you provisional credit pending further investigation of the case.
The State Bank of Bement VISA QuikChek™ Card, it's fast, simple to use and saves you time. Spend your time doing the things you enjoy. And don't forget your VISA QuikChek™ card when you go!
VISA Credit Card
- Our ScoreCard Rewards program allows you to earn bonus points towards gifts and travel with qualifying purchases! Pick up your application at any State Bank of Bement location.
- VISA QuikCards, the State Bank of Bement’s VISA gift cards, make a great gift for birthdays, graduations, employee gifts, holidays, or any other special occasions!
- A $25.00 - $249.00 credit amount costs $3.95/card for customers and $4.95/card for non-customers. A credit amount of $250.00-$500.00 is $4.95/card for customers and $5.95/card for non-customers.
- This is a one-time loadable card.
This is a special overdraft privilege for checking customers. Having a check returned due to insufficient funds can be a costly and humiliating experience. That’s why we provide “Bounce Protection”, a special overdraft privilege for the State Bank of Bement’s checking customers. “Bounce Protection” gives you an extra level of protection against unanticipated cash flow emergencies and account reconciliation errors. At the State Bank of Bement, we do not encourage overdrafts. As always, we encourage you to manage your finances responsibly. The purpose of this privilege is to save you from the embarrassment, additional merchant fees or other problems that might result if a check is returned. You may opt out of “Bounce Protection-” To opt in or opt out of this service, please click here to complete the form and submit it to us at your earliest convenience.
Keep your valuable stored in a safe, secure place. Open up a safe deposit box today to protect your birth certificates, house deeds, car titles, and many more precious papers. Find out how you can get a free first-year rental on lock boxes by opening a Prestige Account.
SBB Mobile (Mobile Banking) & eTouch24
You are inTouch24 with your accounts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with our telephone banking system, inTouch24. With inTouch24 you can:
State Bank of Bement’s eTouch24 Internet Bill pay service is complimentary and easy to use! Begin paying bills online for faster crediting to accounts and to save time. eTouch24 Bill Pays are made at 12 noon and 2 a.m. on business days. Bill pay is also a “green” way to bank. See Green Banking for more ways you can help the environment!
The State Bank of Bement Trust Department is managed by our Trust Officer, President and CEO Kenneth Wright with the help of Kira Pirtle, Assistant Trust Officer and Rachael Gallivan, Trust Assistant.
Our department handles a wide variety of Trust Services, with a vast array of assets within those accounts:
It is our pleasure to provide you with the utmost professional, confidential and knowledgeable Trust Services, with the one-on-one attention that a small community bank can provide. If you are interested in information about a particular type of Trust service we have available, or simply want some general information, feel free to contact Ken or Kim in our Trust Department. We take a sincere appreciation that the word ‘Trust’ is more than just the name of our department. We work each day to retain that ‘trust’ that our grantors, decedents and beneficiaries have placed in us.
Following are several tips to help you prevent fraud on your accounts:
The State Bank of Bement is proud to offer coin collecting services. For more information about coin collecting services, please contact Tabitha Elder at 217-678-2311.
At the State Bank of Bement, we are committed to helping our employees and customers “Go Green” and to being green at the Bank in our daily operations. Our “Go Green” accounts and services include:
- SBB Mobile - We offer 3 forms of mobile banking. (1) SBB Mobile Text Banking where customers can receive balances and history. SBB Mobile Text does not require Internet connectivity. While there are no State Bank of Bement fees to use this product, text fees may apply and customers should check with their wireless provider to find out more details. (2) SBB Mobile Web where customers can log into their eTouch24 Internet Banking account via web and transfer funds, receive balance information, pay bills, and view transactions. Customers can use SBB Mobile Web regardless of your mobile carrier as long as you have the data plan and can access the Internet. While there are no State Bank of Bement fees to use this product, wireless carrier fees may apply and customers should check with their wireless provider to find out more details. (3) State Bank of Bement App where customers who own an Android or iPhone can purchase the application from the app store. While there are no State Bank of Bement fees and no fee to purchase the app, wireless carrier fees may apply and customers should check with their wireless provider to find out more details. Before utilizing SBB Mobile, customers should ALWAYS PASSWORD PROTECT your phone. While most mobile devices (and computers) can access public WiFi spots, State Bank of Bement does not recommend customers use public WiFi spots to access their Internet Banking account information. Click here to learn how to protect your bank information when using SBB Mobile.
- eTouch24 - View account activity online for your checking/savings/certificate of deposit and loan accounts
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Look at check images that have cleared account
- Look for a specific check or a date range of items
- Export history to personal financial software
- View previous statements
- Reconcile accounts
- Initiate a stop payment
- Add alerts to remind you when your balance falls below or goes above a certain amount.
- PAY BILLS! Forget spending hours a month paying your bills. Now you can do it all in 15 minutes or less a month. It really is easy, try it out for yourself!
- Enroll in eStatements, our Electronic Statements service. Receive statements electronically by safely and securely logging into your eTouch24 account. Use of this service is free and statements can be viewed or saved electronically. In order to begin to receive statements electronically, you must have a user name and password for eTouch24. Visit or call us to obtain a user name and password. Once inside your eTouch24 account, simply go to the eStatements tab at the top and complete the short 5-step enrollment process. Once enrolled, an email will be sent to you when your statement is ready to be viewed. In order to retrieve your statement or view your statement, log into your eTouch24 account and choose the account statement you would like to view. You have the option to "view" or "save". If you send statements to an accountant, this service can also be used to safely and securely send your accountant your statement as soon as it is ready. The bank will send it for you! For more questions regarding this service please contact us at 217-678-2311.
- Easy access to your account information with our toll free phone number, 1-888-678-2331, or by calling our local inTouch24 number at 217-678-2331.
- Access your checking, savings or certificate of deposit balances
- Verify the amount of a specific check that has cleared
- Verify your deposits
- Transfer funds from one account to another
- Determine if a direct deposit has been added to your account
- Retrieve account activity
- Stop payment on a check
- Find current rates for certificate of deposit and individual retirement accounts
- Access information on your loan
- Transfer funds to make a loan payment.
- Obtain our banking hours
- Agency Agreements, where the bank is authorized to act as agent for the owner of certain property
- Testamentary Trusts, those set up in the Last Will and Testament of a decedent
- Intervivos Trusts, those set up by an agreement between the Grantor (person setting up the Trust) and the Trustee. These are done during the grantor’s lifetime, and may be revocable or irrevocable, and can be completely funded, either at creation or at a later date.
- Guardianships, in this case, the bank is court-appointed to serve as ‘manager’ of assets of someone adjudged by the court incapable of managing their own affairs.
- Executor or Administrator, in this situation, our job is to close the estate of a decedent in an orderly fashion, as quickly as possible.
- Custodial Accounts – holding property as Custodian (for safety or escrow), but no ownership in such property, as would be with a Trust
- Estate Planning, help and advice
- Land Trusts
- Farm Management Services
- As a full-service bank, we provide many registered notaries. For customers, use of our notaries public is free; for non-customers, the notary fee is $10 per notarized item.
- Safeguard your information and shred any documents with personal information.
- Don’t give out personal information over the phone, through the mail, or over the Internet unless you know who you are dealing with.
- Protect your Social Security number. Don’t carry your Social Security card in your wallet or write your Social Security number on a check. Only give it out when absolutely necessary or ask to use another identifier.
- Inspect your credit report and financial statements for charges you did not make. Visit www.AnnualCreditReport.com or call 1-877-322-8228 to order a free credit report each year.
- To place a fraud alert on your credit reports, call one of the three nationwide consumer reporting agencies
- Equifax: 1-800-525-6285
- Experian: 1-888-EXPERIAN (397-3742)
- TransUnion: 1-800-680-7289
- Should you have fraud on any accounts, close the account(s) and follow up in writing with copies of supporting documents. Ask for verification that the disputed account has been closed and the fraudulent debts discharged keep copies of documents and records of your conversations about the theft.
- File a police report with law enforcement officials to help you with creditors who may want proof of the crime.
- Report the theft to the Federal Trade Commission online at ftc.gov/idtheft, by phone at 1-877-ID-THEFT (438-4338), or 1-866-653-4261, or by mail at Identity Theft Clearinghouse, Federal Trade Commission, Washington, DC 20580.
- eTouch24 with Free Bill Pay – Allows you to pay bills without writing checks or spending money on envelopes and stamps. Bill payments go electronically, so the paper and gas that it normally takes to drive to the post office is saved!
- inTouch24 - Telephone Banking – Instead of coming into the bank to check on your account, stay at home and call 217-678-2331 (or 1-888-678-2331 out of area) to find out the latest information on withdrawals, deposits, cleared checks, and more!
- VISA QuikChek Cards – Take the place of writing checks, save on paper and be environmentally friendly. VISA QuikChek transactions are quick, easy, free, and the cards usually last a few years before needing replaced.
- Remote Deposit Capture – There is an environmental impact to using paper checks. In addition to the natural resources used to manufacture and print paper checks, processing the checks relies heavily on our nation’s transportation systems, including trucks and airplanes. It takes a considerable amount of fuel to ship our country’s millions of checks each year between companies, financial institutions, and your home. Remote Deposit Capture can not only help your business reduce your own paper consumption and carbon footprint, it can help you get your deposit credited faster—almost instantly!
- Mobile Banking - SBB Mobile is available in 3 forms. (1) SBB Mobile Text Banking where customers can receive balances and history. SBB Mobile Text does not require Internet connectivity. While there are no State Bank of Bement fees to use this product, text fees may apply and customers should check with their wireless provider to find out more details. (2) SBB Mobile Web where customers can log into their eTouch24 Internet Banking account via web and transfer funds, receive balance information, pay bills, and view transactions. Customers can use SBB Mobile Web regardless of your mobile carrier as long as you have the data plan and can access the Internet. While there are no State Bank of Bement fees to use this product, wireless carrier fees may apply and customers should check with their wireless provider to find out more details. (3) State Bank of Bement App where customers who own an Android or iPhone can purchase the application from the app store. While there are no State Bank of Bement fees and no fee to purchase the app, wireless carrier fees may apply and customers should check with their wireless provider to find out more details. Before utilizing SBB Mobile, customers should ALWAYS PASSWORD PROTECT your phone. While most mobile devices (and computers) can access public WiFi spots, State Bank of Bement does not recommend customers use public WiFi spots to access their Internet Banking account information. Click here to learn how to protect your bank information when using SBB Mobile.